Well I hadn't intended for this to be an art blog...but I guess I might as well put the picture up in the meantime
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Made it!
Phew, I finally finished my art project! And yes, while that was late last night I am quite satisfied with the finished project. It is such a crazy experience making art. The actual making of it I mean. You can be so absorbed in your work, focusing on certain specific details, getting the shading just right here or editing a form there...I was in my drawing class yesterday morning during the torrential downpour (don't worry, we were inside) working on a planar analysis of a still life. I know, you're all getting a little confused...if I ever get that blog up you won't be. But working on it requires a lot of focus on small specific pieces that will make up the collective whole. I was sitting there drawing, I'd been at it for over an hour and I wasn't very pleased. Still lifes are not my strong suit. Which just means I need to draw more...but I tend to NOT draw from general to specific as my teacher recommended (a little too late though, and I was NOT about to start over with an hour already into it). What happens is I draw one entire object, then the next one, and often the proportions or spacing is not quite right, so where two objects should be touching perhaps, they're not in my drawing. So I was annoyed with myself and this wasn't even the real bulk of the project, this was just sketching the outline of the forms! So I felt like my planar analysis (basically, shading) wasn't going very well either. I was so absorbed in it that I guess I didn't really step back to view the whole thing until Mr. Nadaskay said at the end of class, "The best 3 are right here in a row: Kristen, Amanda, and Terralynn" and called the class over to look at them (that's what we usually do every class). I was really surprised because he hadn't even been talking about any of our drawings earlier; he had called us over to look at other people's work. Well anyway...I think the point was to explain the strange phenomena of working on small individual parts so that they come together to join a beautiful whole. Which was sort of my latest project in 2D. I'm debating putting it up for you all to see or not...art makes good gifts you know, wouldn't want to ruin the surprise.
Well I hadn't intended for this to be an art blog...but I guess I might as well put the picture up in the meantime
Well I hadn't intended for this to be an art blog...but I guess I might as well put the picture up in the meantime
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment