My art project has taken over my LIFE. It is due 12:00 Wednesday so until then I am pretty much dead socially. Tis the lot of an art student I suppose. I'm saving details of the project for when it's done (and once I get the drawing section of the blog up...argghhh). Basically it is both mentally, creatively and even physically exhausting. I'm enjoying it though, but the weekend was gone before I realized it and now looms the deadline. And here I am blogging. :)
On Friday those of you who don't know, I got a new phone! Our whole family did because we switched to Verizon. I got the Glyde
(so did Michele) and I like it A LOT!! It's super fun. Plus I have unlimited texting now too (probably Verizon to Verizon) so now you don't have to feel bad about texting me (Corrie...) ;) Plus I found a way to send yourself any song from your computer to set as a ringtone. Super awesome!And in other news...mmm Saturday we enjoyed another UU futbol game...we lost though, bummer. Sunday we visited West Jackson Baptist Church where they had a guest speaker (this seems to be our luck when visiting churches) but it was Dr. Albert Mohler, President of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary so I was very excited about that since I'd heard so much about him. Now if I can only hear Voddie Bacchum in person and I'd be set... :) And in Sunday School there they had been studying the Passover, so we got to participate in a Passover meal, which was quite an interesting experience. We'd actually done it once before with our homeschool group in Texas. This was a little different though, but still really neat.
And I cut my hair today...no pictures but basically it's shorter. Ha. But don't worry Mom I did just fine! I was worried I would go to school and be completely helpless without my mom to tell me when to cut my hair and how to have it done. But the magical words "trim" and "razor" seemed to work just fine. :) So I am well satisfied.
I'd like to leave with a few prayer requests. First, it's supposed to rain all week (afraid we're getting into the rainy season here soon...apparently it's like a monsoon!) and I have drawing tomorrow...paper outside does not mix well with rain, so pray it won't rain tomorrow or thursday between 8 and 11 in the morning. Also that'd I'd get my project done...and also wisdom in deciding what I want to do about various trip opportunities available to me, from Iceland, GO Trips, Romania/Germany with the fam, studying abroad, choir tour...just planning out my next few semesters of school and what to do with my free time! It's ridiculous that I'm already having to plan that out, but there it is.
Thanks everyone! I miss you all and look forward to seeing you in November. And please let me know how I can be praying for YOU. Love to hear from you guys; comment, call, email, skype, snail mail even - whatever floats your boat. You know where I am :)
3 comments:
Yea for Verizon!
this lovely little post deserves a comment :)
little old ladies always tell me that the years just go faster the older you get...
considering how fast the last 3 years have gone, I think i'm going to be dead soon...:)
i'm starting to study for the US history 1 clep...you can pray for that...i'm not exactly looking forward to it...:p
so i think jody burke is gonna cut my hair soon... it's so long i'm about to rip it all out...
good for you! in all these endeavors. i await the unveiling of your art project...
Post a Comment