Sunday, July 6, 2008

Unplugged

These next two weeks signal the climax of my ultra-busy summer:  Global Youth camp and Maranatha Tour.  I am excited of course, but a little surprised that it's here already.  I feel like it kind of snuck up on me.  Tomorrow I'll get to see Michele and Becky and Justin also, which will be very fun.  There's even other staff members from last year who I know, so it will be nice to see them again.  But one of the main things about being gone is that I will not have my normal access to the things which I have come accustomed....i.e. the Internet.  Especially my new computer, I just got all my files on it and loaded all my software so now I can actually DO stuff, and now I have to leave it behind for 2 weeks.  I was almost thinking about bringing it because all that free time to work on my design job seemed like too good of an opportunity to miss.  But on the other hand, camp and even tour is a time to get away from all the normal distractions of our lives and focus on the things which have perhaps been pushed aside, whether that be times of rest, relaxation, relationships with other people and with God - just an all around rejuvenation.  I am actually looking forward to it.  It's been a while since I've had time on my hands.  I'm almost worried that I won't know what to do with myself.  I'm afraid I am quite dependent upon technology.  So I guess this will be a good time to pull away from that...(almost feeling like a druggie here...) but anyway it might be awhile before the blog gets an update (because that never happens...) but who knows, perhaps if I get some wi-fi I can use my iPod touch.  Although I guess that defeats the point.  Anyway, this is Kristen going unplugged...or at least offline.  Because you know I'm bringing my camera...and my video camera...and my iPod...and my phone...hmmm, maybe I need to take a closer look at what going "unplugged" actually means...

2 comments:

Pelt Family said...

The Blogger world will miss you but I trust that you will find a way to blog.

jenna sais quann said...

when God makes quiet in your life, listen. Hope it's amazing. I wanted to call you just now to talk about your bad days better post, which I just heard about yesterday and is suddenly seemed VITALLY important to my life... but I don't have your number, so I just got on here and found it. Anyway, long distance thanks. Hope these next weeks are great, and I'll see you on the flip side :)