Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day 1: North Carolina

Day 1 on tour is going well. We had to meet at the church at 7 in the morning which was a joy, although nothing compared to camp (meeting at 5, not leaving until 6:30) and the buses were already full by the time we got there. We take two buses on tour, Bus 1 and Bus 2 (original, right?) and Bus 2 usually fills up fast because it’s the “cool bus” haha. They gave us these cute orange bags and water bottles that said Maranatha Touring Choir and our name on them.

I got to get some reading in this morning, part of Don’t Waste Your Life and a booklet my dad gave me yesterday called 7 Truths from Experiencing God. It really went well with what I’ve been going through lately, just submitting my plans to God and aligning myself to His perspective, and being observant at where He’s at work here. So I’m really excited and encouraged by that. This year on tour we’re trying to have more emphasis on individual spiritual application. At every practice and concert we have a devotion, and on tour as well, but this year we split the choir up into 4 groups, and I’m helping lead one. Today at lunch we talked about getting into the Word and everyone shared a favorite Bible verse. I shared Philippians 4:6-7 which is an important verse for me to remember, that I don’t need to worry and obsess over the little things because God is in control, and just always going to God with my needs and receiving His peace for my life and submitting my plans to Him. I’m especially hopeful that these sharing times will help some of my friends from school who joined the choir who I’m pretty sure are not Christians, so pray for them please that God would get a hold of them and that there would be opportunities to share and minister to them and that they would see God working in their lives and through this choir. Love you all!!

No comments: