Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 2: Alabama

On the road to Athens, Alabama. Apparently it is disputed that there even IS an Athens, Alabama because everyone we’ve talked to only has heard of the Athens in Georgia (as opposed to the Athens in Greece...which would be a bit longer of a drive) ;)

I seem to have obtained a sore throat on the very first day of tour, oh joy. Usually that happens later on in the week. Good thing I’m not singing or anything...oh wait, I AM. Last night at the concert I got to sing in the quartet that is in one of our Latin pieces. The church we were in was huge and cathedral-like with a BIIIIIIIG organ (some of the pipes looked like cannons, seriously).


Today I was reading through the 3rd chapter of Don’t Waste Your Life and this quote really struck me:

What is the one passion of your life that makes everything else look like rubbish in comparison? Oh, that God would help me waken in you a single passion for a single great reality that would unleash you, and set you free from small dreams, and send you, for the glory of Christ, into all the spheres of secular life and to all the peoples of the earth. [emphasis mine]
Am I trapped from use by God by my small dreams? Am I too wrapped up in my small dreams to see God’s bigger picture for my life, or perhaps am I afraid that the big dreams God has for me will take me places I don’t want to go? Am I trying to get God to come alongside my dreams, or am I willing to abandon my small dreams and align myself with God’s plan and work where He is working?

No comments: