Friday, July 18, 2008

Day 4: Georgia (and Robert's birthday!)

On route to Georgia today we got to make our Walmart trip, hooray! Every year we stop at Walmart, usually to kill time. It’s lots of fun, we normally just run around and play in the toy section but today we only had about 45 minutes and I had quite a bit of shopping to do. It’s Robert’s birthday today! So I bought him a balloon and a gift to accompany a card the family all signed for him before we left. Jason Smith was also shopping with me because he is Robert’s secret saint. I’m sure most of you are all familiar with the concept of Secret Saint, but the choir members all draw each others’ names and get little gifts or write notes for each other. I also had to do some shopping for my secret saint. Another fun thing is today is on tour we have theme days, and today is character day. A couple of the characters we have are a cowgirl, Schroeder from Charlie Brown (it’s our pianist...get it?), Alvin the Chipmunk, Mrs. Leavitt from Sweeney Todd (my favorite movie!! sarcasm...), Frank Sinatra, and House (like the show). Very fun.



My secret saint got me a tiny little travel pack of Scattegories, so we got to play. I have to go make a t-shirt design for next year now, apparently the deadline is the end of tour. A little extreme, but whatever. Perhaps I will let my amazing friend Austin take a turn on my Mac; he designed the shirts we wear this year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, it was Robert's birthday. Tell him happy birthday for me. I forgot. Anyways. Hope your summer is going GREAT!