Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Kristen is...

Here!

I am currently sitting back in my room; everything is finally put away (for the most part) and I can relax in the organization of a put together room. We made it here around 12:30, met up with some friends for lunch and then loaded everything back into our room. I had forgotten how bitterly COLD Tennessee can be with such an AWFUL wind. I HATE WIND. We don't get breezes here, it's either still or a winter gale. Pretty ridiculous. Hopefully it won't be as bad tomorrow when classes start. One of my classes is in Jennings, which is the music/communication/Christian studies building at the other end of the campus. I have that class right after chapel every Monday/Wednesday, which is conveniently located about as far away as possible from Jennings. So that will be fun walking there, especially if this wind keeps up.

This sounds ridiculous...but sometimes in certain situations I think of a new Facebook status for it. I thought of a bunch while I was unpacking, but the thing about statuses is that you can only have one at a time. Go figure. So now for the status play-by-play :)

Kristen is back at Union!
Kristen doesn't think humans were made to withstand this kind of wind

Kristen's ears are reminding her that she forgot to buy a hat
Kristen thinks perspective is a very handy cleaner
--Explanation for that one - I am a pack rat. You would not believe the things I held onto thinking that I could possibly find a use for them later. It doesn't help that my bed is like 2 1/2 feet off the ground = LOTS of storage (aka junk) space. So when I left to come home for break, I did throw some things away, but left a lot. The great thing about perspective is that now that I'm back I have no ties to any of this stuff anymore. I looked under my bed and immediately tossed a whole bunch of stuff. Ahhhhh breathe in that clear air. Of course I am still tempted to keep a bunch of stuff - usually with the argument "I might want to use this on a project..." but the situation IS a lot better now.--
Kristen's allergy medicine either decided to quit, or can't take this dust. Either way *cough cough*
Kristen is going to be eating candy for months. Thanks Uncle Bill and Aunt Kristy :)
--at church they gave us a goodie bag filled with chocolate, butterfingers, jelly beans, rainbow twizzlers, gummy bears, mentos, and those little heart candies. And not just one of each, oh no there were TWO bags, one for each of us. They're so great :)
Kristen was able to "read" a book in 5 hours. Why can't she always go through books this fast?
--the book was Pilgrim's Progress, and it was an audio book Michele got for Christmas
Kristen needs to know if she should take another class, and if there are even any viable options out there because it's looking pretty blech at this moment

Oh, and in fun news...
There's this collegiate weekend conference going on at Southern Seminary in Louisville, KY in 2 weeks and Shane and Shane are doing the music. So not only is there awesome teaching from Dr. Mohler but SHANE AND SHANE are leading the worship AND putting on a concert. For $15, plus lodging expenses. I AM SO TOTALLY THERE. It's Feb 20 and 21 if anyone else is interested in a $15 Shane and Shane concert...of course that'd be plus gas expenses but yeah :D

Also Becky informs me that Wicked is coming to Birmingham near Easter, which would be totally awesome to go see together! Tickets are like $80 though... :/ so we'll have to see about that.

Well there are a couple more things I better get taken care of before class tomorrow. Goodness! At least the first weeks of classes are easy, just go over the syllabus pretty much. And actually Thursday they're having a special banquet called “Remembering Feb. 5: An Evening of Thanksgiving” which is of course the one year anniversary of the tornado. Students get to go for free, so we'll have to swing by and get our tickets. If I dare venture out in this wind that is!

Kristen is...done

1 comment:

Pelt Family said...

give me some dates that an Iceland trip would could be considered