Friday, February 13, 2009

i'm ALIVE ALIVE ALIVE

For those who didn't know, I had the flu.
My "oh I'm not feeling well" quickly progressed to feeling absolutely awful. I went to church Sunday but that afternoon just collapsed from exhaustion, so Michele dragged my poor self to the doctor and the diagnosis quickly came back as Flu B. So even though I got a flu shot last semester, it couldn't stop this rogue Flu B. I suppose the moral of the story is if one doesn't get you, some other one will. Anyway, I was out of class Monday-Wednesday. I missed an entire week of my Digital Imaging class, since it only meets M/W and all the other classes I just missed one day of. I added a New Testament class last Friday though, so I hadn't been able to go to the first or second class of that.

But after lots of sleep, medicine, and very helpful friends I made it through and headed back to classes yesterday. It was pretty rough actually. I'm still not all the way better, this cough just lingers on...but I have hope it will be gone soon. And now I really have to jump right in because I already feel behind. Not too badly, but we started our first art project in my 3D class and everyone was able to start on it except me. And of course that was one of the first classes I got to go to...but it's ok because I have some sort of idea and can get started now. We're studying form, so we have a 1' x 2' block of blue foam that we have to carve. It's quite messy but incredibly fun to see it take shape. Also, it's a slightly destructive process which is very fun by itself. After we carve it out we are going to plaster it so it's a bit more solid. It should be fun to see what everyone comes up with. Luckily I'm not too behind; it's due Thursday but I'll have to do a lot of carving to have time for the plaster.

So I should be carving right now, but I'm waiting on my laundry. Sometimes I find these essential activities to be such a waste of TIME. I mean, when I have absolutely no clean clothes I realize that doing laundry is important. But right now all I can think about is that blue block of foam waiting for me, and a big pile of LAUNDRY in the way...

1 comment:

Dad - Marks said...

a big pile of LAUNDRY. sounds like the perfect inspiration for a 3D art project :-) Dad