Thursday, August 7, 2008

Indonesia update!!!

So yesterday I got an email from Bobby which made me very excited. I am always happy to hear that my friends are alive :) Here’s what he said:

Just wanted to let everyone know that I’m here in Kalimantan. Life is good and hot. I’m at a café right now, have yet to head for the brush. I’ll try to keep you posted. Rob, the worker here, is great and so is Handi, our interpreter.

Be blessed, and pray that we all continue to learn and grow as we seek God’s face on foreign soil.

I also got to chat with Phil a bit online. They are 12 hours ahead of us, so the time change throws me off, but I believe he said they finally arrived in Indonesia Wednesday evening for them, Wednesday morning for us. The worker there, Rob, let them use his computer while they were at a café. When I was talking to Phil it was Thursday morning for them and they were having an orientation and resting day. He was very appreciative of our prayers and asks that we keep them coming! So here’s a couple of things I think would be helpful to pray for:

  • adjusting to the time difference, that their bodies and minds would be refreshed
  • that all would go well in their preparation for heading out “for the brush”
  • relations between each team (Zach and Fred, and Bobby and Phil) as well as with Rob and the interpreter Handi and of course with the people they meet wherever they are now and along their journey
I haven’t heard any news from the Bali team, but remember to keep them in your prayers as well as they are in the city (which can be just as dangerous) and reaching out to the Hindus there: Stacy, Clint and Jennifer Clifton, Andy and Rebecca Wire, and 3 ladies from other churches – Melissa, Ruth and Colleen.


No comments: