Having Michele home again is good. And hard. But mostly, good.
I remember one time Colby filled in for the Pelts in Sunday School, and he was talking about how much people grow through their relationships and how different it is to live with another person (he was talking about college) and actually be considerate of others and all those nuances. In every situation, in every decision, you have to think about how it will affect those around you and plan accordingly. It can be difficult at times. The funny thing was that I have been doing that pretty much my whole life since Michele and I have shared a room and pretty much everything else for FOREVER. So it was interesting to see what it was like not having that, and being "on my own," just little things everyone else thinks of as normal. Like having your own room, and leaving the lights on late at night and not worrying about waking anyone up in the morning (or making your room as messy as you want!) But luckily, since I'm used to having to deal with that, it's not hard to get back into the schedule. It's not always the most convenient for
me, but I can deal. I just kind of have to remember how we did this.
For example, I didn't have the car a couple times this week and at the end of my long day of work I really wished I could just drive on home instead of wait to be picked up. But as I was telling the amazing Holly ------------->
I got to "survey the ground for ants" as I looked for a place to sit and wait for my ride :) Yay Caedmon's Call.
Anyways, it's been nice knowing the family's all together, although I still feel like I'm hardly around. And though I'm glad we can all be together for a while, I think I'm getting more and more ready to go to school. Well, not actually ready since I have no idea what's going on with the whole packing thing, but that's another story :)
1 comment:
...to continue our conversation from last night:
YOU have done something incredibly valuable in how you have lived your life so far. And where He is taking you next you will learn OTHER things you couldn't learn if you stayed here. So I am excited:) Everything He does is about learning to love... removing the space between your heart and His.
Post a Comment