Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Days 5, 6, 7 \\ Time of day

*note* I would like to point out that I am still blogging every photo I have made even though I am not blogging every day. Over the weekend, we still have a photo a day to shoot but they comprise a 3-part series that is due on Monday. And this Monday was a snow day... so catching up with you today, here is the weekend assignment!

Weekend Assignment: Find a location and with the same exact composition take a photo at sunrise, midday and sunset.



This location is a screened in building behind the fire station in Humboldt, a town about 20 minutes away from Jackson. I had found this location before in my Photo 1 class and taken this image there. I decided to head back there and see what else I could find. The cotton field behind this building was dead, and besides a few nice old grills the place was pretty sparse. I decided to poke around inside the building and found these fun red chairs scattered about as if a party had just broken up but had been left untouched for who knows how long. I find it incredible how different the light in this scene is and its power to completely change the image.

No comments: