Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 8 \\ Snow day

Assignment: Take two unique frames of the snow day



While exploring our snow-covered campus, I was struck by the reflection of the trees on the road covered in puddles of melted snow. The few clumps of snow left are the only remains of what once covered the road before the sun came out. The patches of dry road create almost a haze over the reflection of this very gray day.



Wanting to capture the wintry landscape in a non-traditional way, I noticed another reflection in an office window. Inside the office was a little Christmas tree with some colorful ball ornaments. By a happy accident, I was able to incorporate the gold ornament with the landscape reflection by using my own shadow on the window. There are two white patches surrounding the ornament. Those are my gloves :) The soft glow of this photo is just the kind of mood of a lovely wintry day.
(Still confused? Maybe this image will help!)

No comments: