This time around we had THREE Digital Imaging Assignments, which I had the pleasure of working on over spring break. Hooray.
Assignment 3, part 1: Art History Image/Issue Assignment
Create an image which seeks to combine a content from a work of art found in art history with your thoughts on a contemporary societal issues such as drunk driving, abortion, etc. You must use the following items in creating your image:-Manipulated scan of an art image (or more)
-At least two of your scanned textures
-scans of a physical art medium such as a paint stroke
-an attempt at narrative
The art history image I chose is a drawing called "Woman with her Dead Child" by Kathe Kollwitz. I used the grief of this piece combined with the imagery of the dandelions flying away to represent abortion, and how so many lives have been lost but they are regarded as insignificant. Our response to this tragedy should be the same as that of the mother here grieving over her dead child and all the dead children victimized by abortion.
Assignment 3, part 2: Conflict Assignment
Create an image which expresses your emotions and thoughts regarding the 9/11 tragedy, the war in Iraq, the recent tsunami, or some other disturbing social event. You must use the following items in creating your image:-text (in a subtle manner)
-cast shadows
-lighting effects
-artistic efforts (must be applied to final image, can use more than one)
-an attempt at narrative
This piece is about the D.C. Sniper Attacks in 2002. This is probably more personal for those living in this area at the time, like I was, but if you don't remember it, you can look it up. This piece represents the fear of that time, especially as a child where your world was invaded by this killing spree and it felt like you could be the next victim. The subtle text/graffiti on the fence is a quote by John Lee Muhammad: "Your children are not safe, anywhere, at anytime"
Assignment 3, part 3: Abstract Expressionist Image
Create an image which expresses a pure emotion. This image does not have to include any metaphorical content based on recognizable images, but simply use line, shape, color, value, texture and space to be expressive. This piece is intended to portray fear, and how it traps us and leaves us immobilized. These are almost all brushes from a set I just downloaded. Yayyy BrushKing :)
I'll have critique on Wednesday. They were due today but as usual we didn't get to everyone in the class. I'll let you know how it goes!
1 comment:
you.are.freaking.amazing.
i love your art :)
i love you.
You are God's art.
you are beautiful.
Post a Comment