Thursday, April 30, 2009

Confusion

My class schedule is driving me INSANE.
This is for the fall mind you. I absolutely have to have Graphic Design I. It's my major, duh.
HOWEVER there's approximately 150383403409 people taking that class, so it filled up before I could register for reasons that are too stupid to explain. They expanded the class, but it wasn't enough, so they opened up another one - on Wednesdays and Fridays from 3-5:50. Which is what I had to register for. NO WAY do I want to take a class on Friday until 6:00. I will never be able to come home. EVER.
Well, as we had hoped, students signed up for the original graphics class heard about the second one and decided to switch (the first class is from 8-9:50 M/W/F). So, there is now one spot open and I called my advisor leaving a message asking to switch to that one. But now I noticed that my schedule is ALL confused, and now I just don't know what to do. Maybe I should stick with what I have. It's very difficult to find classes I can take, since I've already completed a bunch of my core. I end up looking for any old class just so I can have enough hours to be counted full time.
So here are some of my options at the moment:
(hooray spreadsheets)
Current Schedule: (except I haven't gotten into Art History yet; they have to expand it). And Golf is an accelerated course, so it's only Aug-Oct

This is the schedule I had originally been thinking about. There was a Biology class in there too, but it filled up and the tricky part is finding a lab which works. And of course, none do...
But I wanted to take Sign Language with my new roommate, but that means the later Photography class. So I might have to sacrifice it, but that means less hours...

Here's sticking with the earlier Photography class. I'd rather have my classes consolidated so I can get more work done...but the problem here is I can't fit any other necessary classes in (Biology absolutely does not fit) and I've pretty much taken everything else, so I stuck a random Bible class in there that Michele is taking. It's actually Intro to Bible Interpretation - not Intro to the Bible - so do not give me a hard time about that.
The first schedule is 14 hours, the other two are 13. It's so difficult to take enough hours!! So I REALLY don't know what to do.

Any thoughts???

3 comments:

beckers said...

wow, that is complicated. i say stick with your gut....hehe but thats probably why your asking for advise cause you dont knwo what your cut is saying. id say that takeing the art classes you need would be more priority because they are for your major right? you can take biology over the summer at germana and it would be cheaper!

Jonathan Burke said...

I'm more shocked that you are taking golf than anything else...

Kristen said...

do you know anything about my family jonathan? we are golfers, through and through. i'm way excited :)