Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Let's start this semester off with a BANG

Or a sinus infection. Because, you know, I just loved being sick my first days of school last semester. That was, yeah, that was just great...

ok, sarcasm over (for now). I have somehow with my skill managed to contract some kind of sickness that leaves me mostly miserable, but still able to perform elementary skills, such as reading a syllabus and almost finding my classes on time. It decided to develop overnight Saturday, after I had packed away all my medicine of course. But we hit up a Walgreens on the way down and I went to see our on campus nurse because I'm totally over off campus medical bills. So i've got some medicine that should hopefully be able to knock this out. And until then, i will shuffle my sad little self to class and manage to survive :)

In other news, being back on campus is so way fun. I have this great little window right over my bed that looks back on our old dorm complex - it's the ultimate creeper window. I've already seen a handful of friends, and I even saw my old roommate jogging by...it's pretty great, and keeps us all entertained. Yesterday when we moved in and reunited with our roommate Anna (YAY!) we got to rearrange the furniture and situate our rooms...and we'll begin decorating soon. I have some random art projects and a rug at a friends house so we'll have to pick up those...but hopefully it'll all be done by this weekend. At the moment I'm using most of my free time for sleeping though...

Ok, so: story of the day. Well, last night we had this little "Howdy Party" where everyone just congregates in this huge collegiate mass on The Great Lawn which is in front the Union belltower. It's basically an excuse for everyone to see one another and say a million times, "How was your summer?" So at this Howdy Party we saw our friend Jonathan, who was an art minor and actually graduated last year. He happens to know Keilan because they were MK's together in Brazil (which is CRAZY but cool). He was with a girl there named Catherine who had also graduated, who also knew Keilan, so we were talking, and I mentioned that Keilan had told me to be on the lookout for his friend Curtis...and guess what? He's her brother. AND her parents are our missionaries in residence, so they are ALL on campus, and basically we can go over and visit them anytime we want. Which is pretty cool. It's so fun the people you meet here...

I would also like to say that the fun event of the week will be our Movie on the Lawn where we get to watch UP. oh boy i love that movie, even though i've seen it quite a few times...it'll be nice to see it on a big screen, outside, on a lawn, with a bunch of really awesome people...

OH OH OH - something else I am excited about: my teacher's son, Zach Benson, used our sticks - my red sticks - to make a sculpture!! i am so stoked to see it. I think there will be a gallery or something, so it hasn't been "unveiled" yet. i'm claiming one when it's over because, hey, they are my sticks...anyway, thought you stick fans would appreciate that.

I'll share more about classes tomorrow, when I've had all the rest of them. Graphic Design, Sign Language and Photography tomorrow!! I still need a bike and a camera bag, so if you would pray for that, I would appreciate it - and especially my health because I hate being sick. I'm trying to be wise in spending my money, and save up so i can go to Europe, which luckily I heard they dropped $1000 from the price, praise the Lord! we'll see how it goes...

Love you all :)

1 comment:

Pelt Family said...

Sorry you are not feeling well. I think something was going around at Playing in the Streets because Jillian is all stuffed up with a cough. Your semester looks fun - miss you.