Pillar's new intern arrived, the amazing Jenny Farmer. That's right, a GIRL intern, hooray! Plus, one that Michele and I already know which is pretty fun. Jenny was my leader at Global two years ago. cRaZy! [see incriminating photo -->]
Michele and I got to hang out and do intern-y things with Jenny and Bobby, even though we are not technically interns. However, we've gone through the mandatory training day with the SBCV so, we are good to go should the need ever arise ;)
I went to my first wedding of the season, Phil and Elisabeth's, yay! It's strange to think how last year my calendar was filled with graduation parties, and now it's filled with weddings. I guess that means someone's growing up...(must be me??)
The greatest part of June so far has been the girls retreat. Michele and I were gone, with the lovely Brittany Thomason, Sunday-Wednesday in Burkeville, VA for a retreat put on by Jenna and Lindsey Quann and some of their friends. Lindsey had asked Michele and me to help with music, which I was excited to do, but I didn't realize how much I would be ministered to in addition to serving on the worship team! It was an excellent time, and God was faithful to work in some mighty ways. It was humbling to be a part of, and a wonderful time spent with some of the godliest girls I've ever seen. If we can swing it, I would definitely like to be a part again next year. It was an awesome time; you can check out a picture slideshow on Sarah Danaher's blog, another amazing girl and our incredibly talented photographer for the event.
I do have to say though - playing with an all-girl band was definitely a highlight. We make an excellent toga band :)
1 comment:
lol. i give you a gold star for this post :)
Post a Comment