Monday, April 7, 2008

Par-tay!

I have had a pretty amazing birthday week. Monday night at the Burke's Bible study they threw me a suprise party which was so awesome! I have always wanted a suprise party, I mean think about, you don't have to do any planning or worrying, just show up and BAM you've got a party :) It was pretty sweet. I had a tiara and streamers and Josh even let me sit in his chair, and then afterwards we had cake and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups because peanut butter is my absolute favorite, especially peanut butter and chocolate - it's a match made in heaven. The best part was of course the fact that I was so suprised! I had absolutely no idea. The previous week we had all gone bowling after the study, and I kept asking to see if we were going to do that again, but everyone just kept giving me very vague answers...guess I now know why! :) Thanks so much Josh and Jadey, and everybody else who helped set that up.

Then this past Saturday to conclude my fabulous birthday week I had a party at my house featuring food, games, and peanut butter cake (yum!). Thanks so much to everyone who was able to come, I had an awesome time!! The Burkes graciously supplied Pit (I'd only been bugging them about it for a week), we had a massive round of Apples to Apples, and since it WAS a Marks party, we played Bunco of course! I can honestly say I have never seen so many buncos in one night, kudos to Phillip who got 5 total!! I managed to scrape one, at least :) I had a tiara from Monday night, so whenever someone got a bunco they were given the privelege of wearing the Bunco Crown (ta-da!). It was an awesome night.
Below is a video of some of us playing Pit. Only about half the group actually played, so the other half was forced to endure shouts of "one! three! TWO!! foooouuurrrr!!! ok, how about three??" and then the ringing of the bell at the end of the round. They made fun of us for it, especially during the Spanish round (dos! dos! QUATRO!!!) but unless you've played the game you just wouldn't understand. But if you watch this video, you might get a glimpse of our crazy evening...

1 comment:

Tanja said...

i like your tiara!