Thursday, April 24, 2008

This is for you, Jason!


So here I am in the Charlotte, NC airport on a layover for our flight to Memphis - I'm visiting Union University this weekend!!! And we're walking through to our gate (which of course is at the complete opposite end of the airport) and what should I find but a Jeff Gordon car in the middle of the airport! I have no idea what it was doing there, but since Jason says I don't blog enough, I thought I ought to include this particularly for you, Jason! So here you go.

And now an update for the rest of you who aren't interested in Nascar, like me (sorry Pelts!). Our day has been a long one so far. My mom dropped Michele and me off at the National War College at 11:45 to meet up with my dad so we could drive to the airport for our 2:05 flight to Charlotte. And yes, it seriously did take that long. By the time we got through D.C. traffic, checked in our luggage, went through security and grabbed some lunch, we were right on time to board our plane. Going through the airport is such an ordeal! And now we are just waiting for our flight to Memphis. It's about an hour layover, plenty of time for me to blog. :) When we get in to Memphis, around 6:30 hopefully, we'll get a car and drive to Jackson. Our tour of the campus is tomorrow morning at 9:00. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!! Michele forgot to bring her camera cord, so I'll upload photos when we get home.

I am going to leave you all with a song from Bethany Dillon that quite aptly describes our flying experience. Flying is so fun!! I pretty much just stared out the window for the entire flight at all the tiny little streets below as we flew through the clouds. It was so amazing!

In an airplane I take the window seat
A thousand feet and all I know shrinks in minutes
And when the sky is gray I want to believe
That when the sun is hiding it still exists

In an airplane are kings and common men
At the window side by side their view is now the same
Some relax and rest their eyes, some sit on the edge
As we all break through the clouds into the light of day

Mountaintops peek through
This is where I see You
I've never seen a clearer blue
This is where I see You





1 comment:

Pelt Family said...

Even better than reading blog entries of some of my favorite people is having the blog written especially for me. You are so lucky to see the Jeff Gordon car. I hope you snapped a few pictures. Have fun touring the college.