Yessirree all you dedicated readers of the Free Lance-Star, the Itty Bitty City Scavenger Hunt is on once again! I'm pretty sure the Marks family have been doing the hunt since it ever began. I have fond memories of hunting with the Pelts actually...so Pelts, you better get your hunt on!
I was able to meet up with our very own Becky Castle, home over the summer for the first time in a long time and we found 5 already. I love this hunt. It's one of my favorite things of the summer. And we used to search with Becky too, so fond memories all over. It was a great way to kick off my summer.
Obviously I am back home from all my whirlwind adventures. Pine Cove was super duper and I absolutely fell in love with my camp, Crier Creek. It's a beautiful camp and I'm so excited to serve families there with my fellow staffers who are all super awesome.
And in other news, I got my camp name!! At Pine Cove no one uses their real name, everyone is given a camp name from the cooks to the CEO of Pine Cove himself. The process is really fun; you go through the name game where you get up on stage and tell a little about yourself then your fellow staffers ask you all kinds of crazy questions about yourself to find some juicy tidbits to come up with a really clever name. Then when they have one they stand up on their chair and "sell it" by explaining where each part of the name came from different stories. If we love it, we all cheer and that's their camp name! One of the greatest names I heard that we sold was "Supertaxicarolinatubinghogtiedsister." No folks, I did not make that up.
So for my name game, I had to wait until the end of my two weeks at Pine Cove which was AGONY but my own little Crier Creek staff named me which was pretty special. I told them a story of my Maranatha Touring Choir days when I ended up puking all over the stage and it landed on Jesus; and I also mentioned that we have techno dance parties at school. They said that another name for puking was "technicolor yawn" and they decided to combine that with techno for....
TECHNOCOLOR YAWN!!! and I will go by Techno for short. It's a pretty sweet name. I totally love it, haha. And the Creek is awesome and I'm so excited and blessed to be their photographer this summer!! I'm looking forward to my summer break though too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment