Two weeks of snow did a good job of throwing off any schedule I was hoping to get into. But snow does not stop teachers from assigning homework...luckily the first few weeks are a little slow and give us some breathing room. This was our first full week of school without any snow delays so it was a bit rough. But we got through and now it's Friday, hooray! My family even came and visited when Robert was in town for the Memphis Fencing Junior Olympics which was such fun getting to show them all about my Union world :) I can't wait till Robert comes to join us here at school; it's going to be great!
As far as classes go, my schedule is terribly busy. I'm taking only 2 art classes (Graphic Design 2 and Photography 2) which are great, but I'm also in Biology, Spanish and Writing Across Media Platforms (for my photojournalism minor). It's been different having "normal" classes with homework everyday and tests regularly instead of projects. The writing class - hereafter known as WAMP - is pretty killer. There's lots of homework that I don't necessarily care about. I actually have to study AP style and things like punctuation. It's strange to say the least, but we will survive. That's what we art majors do :)
In other news, I'M GOING TO TEXAS!!!! The Southwestern Photojournalism Conference held at (duh) Southwestern Seminary in Ft. Worth, TX is this next weekend (March 5-7) and I'm SO PSYCHED. Our photojournalism teacher is one of the head muckety-mucks (to borrow my teacher's lingo) of this conference, and all these great photojournalists are going to be speaking and there's even opportunities to have them look at your own photography! Which only slightly scares me out of my mind, haha.
Also this week we have our annual pottery workshop, where we bring in a renowned potter to do a two-day demonstration where our entire department attends. It sounds exciting, and the first few hours are pretty fascinating...but after sitting from 9-4 all day Monday, you're pretty wiped. And then you get to do it all over again Tuesday. Oh well, I have 200 logo thumbnails to keep me busy...
Speaking of graphic design, here's our first assignment: rebuses. If you are unfamiliar, a rebus is a picture or combination of pictures (icons) to represent a word or syllables of a word. If you've ever drawn an eye, a heart, and a "U" to mean "I love you" then you know what a rebus is. Our teacher gave us each a segment of an essay in which we created 10 rebuses. See if you can figure mine out! (Just click on the thumbnail to enlarge. Sometimes technology is just too ridiculous)
No comments:
Post a Comment