Michele and I got to spend the weekend with our roommate Anna at her house in Dickson, about an hour and a half from Jackson. The semester officially ended Thursday. Friday I headed back to Jackson to help out with Help—Portrait. Please, please look at this link. It's really an incredible ministry that I was thrilled to be a part of. Jeremy Cowart, of previous posts, is actually the key founder. Briefly, it's photographers taking portraits for free for those who can't afford it or for those who have never even had their picture taken before. Even though I was under the weather, I was glad I went to interact with the people who came through and be a part of the body of students and teachers serving them.

That afternoon after heading back to Dickson, Michele, Anna and our friend and fellow Unionite Erin (also from Dickson) and myself went to Nashville to hit up the mall. My one and only purchase? Rubber animal bracelets. They're fantastic. Then we went to the airport to pick up the one and only Becky Castle — which let me tell you, was really quite crazy. Never would've expected to be with one of my best friends from home and one of my best friends from school. cRaZy. We were going to look at the Christmas lights at OpryLand but by the time Becky finally arrived from her, hmm, adventurous flight we were ready to head home.
Then the next day we took a tour of Dickson and Michele and Becky and I headed once again to Jackson for the ANDREW PETERSON concert at my church! It was the Behold the Lamb concert, so he was touring with quite a few people - Brandon Heath, Jill Phillips, Andrew Osenga...they were all fan.tas.tic. It was such a wonderful, worshipful experience. And then Sunday we made the entire drive from Dickson to Stafford with Becky! Which was great of course. I'm very glad to be home :)
No comments:
Post a Comment