Well I've of course been busy busy busy making art art art! yay :)
And I put up the pictures and the assignment but I thought I'd explain a bit more about my purpose in making it and how critique went.
Basically what happens in critique is you get up and give a little spiel about your work (using vocabulary is key!! gotta put into practice what you're learning of course) and talk about the purpose or meaning of your work and how you communicated that and its strengths and if it was effective, etc. Critiques go differently for each teacher of course, and especially depending on the medium (2D vs 3D is quite different, as you would imagine).
My Form project (that's the white swirly one) went very well; it was elegant and womanly and the highest point of the piece was absolutely craftsmanship. The picture doesn't do it justice, but it's the smoothest, most beautifully sanded thing you've ever seen. (Well, I suppose I'm a little biased). It is actually on display now in the hall. We're having this national accreditation people coming next week, so we're putting a bunch of our work in the hall, which is really fun because I think it livens up the space.
My Digital Imaging critique was a little strange. I didn't get to have it the day we turned it in because we ran out of time, so my critique was this Monday and my teacher was out of town doing a workshop at Bluefield ironically enough...and that's ironic because I visited that school fyi. The new graphics teacher came in and ran our critique; her name is Ms. Eckley and she'll be my teacher next year. I tend to not do well with change especially when I'm expecting one thing and end up with another, so I kind of didn't really care to do a critique and listen to anything she had to say because she wasn't my teacher. Not a good way to think, but it was weird having a person I've never met judge my work when she doesn't really know me. I feel like my teacher Mr. Nadaskay would've understood it better. Her critiques were valid points, I grant, but I didn't really feel like she appreciated my work very much. But I still like it. And since I'd had to wait so long to finally present it, I was kind of over the whole critique anyway. So now I just am going to focus on the next project!
1 comment:
Coolio stuff!
And i think I might have sanded something smoother :)
Post a Comment