This evening my family had a blessed time of worship and prayer. It was so sweet to fellowship together. Too often we take for granted the time we have with each other. But we were able to spend some time singing songs; I got to play the piano which is something I sometimes neglect. I had actually thought earlier that day that if I had a list of last things to do before I leave, playing my piano would be on it. And both Robert and Michele played along on guitar. It will be awhile before the Marks family sings together again, so it was a very precious moment. And finally, the tears came. Tears of joy, tears of sadness, tears of hope and of love and just an overflowing in my heart of God's grace. He has been so good to me. Sometimes I can't believe it. I definitely don't understand why, but I know that I am so thankful. I thanked Him for allowing me to be a part of your lives, for bringing each of you into my life at different moments right when I needed you, from 6 years ago when I first came to Stafford Baptist as a young awkward 12 year old to 6 months ago as a slightly less awkward "adult." And I thank Him that He has already prepared the next group of people to bring into my life, to continue helping me to grow in my walk with Christ as you have.
I know this is sounding all sad and final, but I'm not really the best with communicating how I'm feeling, so I grab these moments when they come. I don't say often enough how much you all mean to me, and it is often in light of realizing how much we will miss something that we see how much we truly appreciate it.
And the greatest blessing is that I know I will see you again! That our paths will cross again, God willing, either this side of heaven or the next depending on where God takes all of us. And also I feel I can't be too sad about leaving all of you when I've had so much time with you already...
So with that being said, I am sure I will talk to you all by next week. That's just how it is in this wonderful world of technology. :) Keep your blogs updated, and I will be sure to do the same with mine. Email me, call me, you can even snail mail me once I get my address. I love hearing from you.
I'm really going to miss you all. I love each and every one of you very much and I appreciate everything you've done for me more than you'll ever know. I guess what I'm trying to say is...thanks babe ;) This song is for all of you, from my heart to yours.
Something brought you to my mind today
I thought about the funny ways you make me laugh
And yet I feel like it's okay to cry with you
Something about just being with you
When I leave I feel like I've been near God
And that's the way it ought to be...
'Cause you've been more than a friend to me
You fight off my enemies
'Cause you've spoken the Truth over my life
And you'll never know what it means to me
Just to know you've been on your knees for me
Oh, you have blessed my life
More than you'll ever know
You had faith, when I had none
You prayed God would bring me a brand new song
When I didn't think I could find the strength to sing
And all the while I'm hoping that I'll
Do the kind of praying for you that you've done for me
And that's the way it ought to be...
You have carried me
You have taken upon a burden that wasn't your own
And may the blessing return to you
A hundredfold
8 comments:
[insert satisfied smile here]
i love you.
i'm excited for you to be going.
even if it means i lose you.
God is good.
I miss you guys already. I am so excited for you. This brings back memories of my freshmen year of college, oh the memories. The song choice at the end of this was perfect. I was thinking of singing that song at the Garman send off, but I don't think there will be enough time in the program to allow that. Keep in touch.
Your leaving can only be described with one word from me... HORRID! but that is selfish. I am very proud of you girls and can honestly say, and I'm sure that Joshua and Jadey will agree with me, you two are such bright, upstanding, mature young ladies, so out of your age group it's staggering. I would have said I couldn't have been more pleased with your delivery in this message, but that would be a lie... Instead of "Rediculous", I would have used "Rediculi" as that is the Jonathan Burke plural form of the word... and it could have used a few "Horrid's" in there too, but I love you just the same... Hope all goes well...
OH and for the song... great, but i would have used "It's time for saying goodbye" from the best movie, "The Muppets take Manhattan"... sincerely, it used to make me cry when i was a kid and, no surprise, I want it played at my funeral...
Kristen, thanks for putting that song in there, youu know how much I was trying to convince everyone to play it. I'm gonna mss you guys!!!
that was beaUUUUtiful... :)
i am so glad to hear this
*tear* way to make me cry kristen! (sigh) love you dear. after this whole college thing is done we all just need to move to the same town and raise our families together. have fun at school and call me when you get settled! love you!
have fun at college!!! leaving is hard, but you meet so many awesome people at school it helps to take the pain away.
Post a Comment