Saturday, September 4, 2010

Confessions

I have a confession to make. Before this summer I had never had the delight of eating a whole, raw, peach.

Shocking, I know. Of course I'd had peaches in pies, cobblers, yogurt, those little canned fruit cocktails (I can see the shudders of you peach-lovers already) but never had eaten a whole one.

Until Pine Cove. Told you it was life changing.

A gracious donor gave us a whole box full of yummy peaches. Everyone was devouring them, and since I had been experiencing a severe lack of fruit in my diet, I decided to give it a try. I was a little unsure how to begin. I mean, do you just bite into it like an apple, through the fuzz and everything? *insert picture of Pine Cove friends rolling their eyes at me here*

The result: life changing. I love peaches. I ate 3 in one day, in their juicy, glorious, chin-dribbling splendor. And so once I got back to school I bought 2 at the grocery store. BUT peaches must be perfectly ripe before you eat them, so I have been patiently waiting on them for the past few days.

Until now. All my loving squeezes and testing of perfect softness have finally paid off!

Best peach I ever ate. Happy Labor Day Weekend, everyone!

No comments: