mis queridas. dear ones.
how quickly our time together has flown! i am so thankful for the blessing of being HOME. of rest. of precious time with family and sweet fellowship with friends. of girls retreats where we not only go to minister but to be ministered to. (sometimes i seem to think in situations where i have specific responsibilities that the blessing and truth of God is not for me, that there can't be anything i need to learn here. it's for someone else, those who we are ministering to. but God is always faithful at showing up and breaking into our hearts when we least expect it. and also when we hope and plead and pray for it. He's faithful then too.)
i'm also thankful for the blessing of fun scavenger hunts downtown, of praying for unborn lives to be saved and hearts of mothers to be changed and healed (even as our hearts are changed by stepping out in obedience), of dogs named Bogey and sometimes even for the cats they don't get along with, for taking brothers to fencing, for dancing in the car and for playing piano with other brothers. there were blessings of seeing old friends and many wonderful trips down memory lane, of seeing how God had brought us together in the first place and the journeys He has taken each of us on since then - and He is still faithful to reunite us! That's one of my favorite blessings.
i've been so thankful to see how He has changed my heart, even now, in removing fear of the Unknown. i ought to be very anxious at the prospect of 6 weeks of service in a position that I have never ever experienced. but He is holding my heart and it is incredible to me to see how He has been preparing me for this, when i didn't even realize. wow. He is moving me to a new backyard, to new pastures. and i am glad to follow my Shepherd where He leads because I know His plans for me are only good...and this is just one season out of many of my life. I am content in this one. He gently nudges me into the next, and the next, but He is teaching me to trust Him. trust trust trust. I am glad He holds all the plans, and all I have to do is follow. I tried planning it out myself, and it was no fun, let me tell you. That's a headache and a half.
But He is leading me away in this season. which sometimes makes my heart sad, because there are so many WONDERFUL people here whom i love. and i miss being a regular part of your lives. but when i am here, i rejoice. and when i am away, i must rejoice. i know it is good for me to go. but i want to express to you all how much i love you. and how encouraging it is to know that it is God who brings all these relationships together, and that your friendship and fellowship is something i will never lose. God keeps us together. And I love when He brings us together, though those times can be far and few between. I know He will bring us all together again, every time i go. i am glad for that. and i am on the brink of a new adventure! it is so exciting! and so i will try to keep you updated on my adventures while you keep me updated on yours. from new relationships, to marriages, to growing families - by children or chickens - or whatever it may be.
thanks for being a part of my adventure. i eagerly await the time i will see your faces again but trust patiently in His timing to bring it about.
if you want to keep up with my adventures, you can check out the Pine Cove photo gallery, select "Crier Creek" then choose a week and day to see my photos that i'll be uploading.
you can also send me mail at:
Kristen Marks/Technocolor Yawn
Pine Cove Crier Creek Camp
1123 Creekwood Ln
Columbus, TX 78934
(and in case any of you are confused, here are the hard details:
1. I am leaving tomorrow for 6 weeks of working as a photographer at Pine Cove Christian Camps in Columbus, TX
2. After my 6 weeks (roughly August 15) I will travel directly to the wonderful Union University for the school paper "retreat" for which I am serving as the assistant design editor.
3. Then school starts and I will be back home at Thanksgiving, Lord willing, to see all you fine people :)
"But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior...
you are precious in my eyes,
and honored, and I love you"
- Isaiah 43:1-3, 4b
1 comment:
I didn't even get to say goodbye! I hardly said hello! have a great summer...
Post a Comment